𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗔𝗕𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗜 𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗜𝗦𝗠 𝗜𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬
Have that uncomfortable and tough conversation.
• Come from a space of 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘆
• Ask why or how come they believe that
• Give data and research and then ask why again
• Listen first if you want them to listen to you
• Tap into their 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝘆 (trust me they’re not psychopaths)
• 𝗗𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆. They’re projecting if they get mad.
• Don’t assume. Ask.
• Let go of the outcome
Plant the seed and don’t stay quiet.
Remember that you’re coming from a space of 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲.
Remember that you’re fighting for 𝗶𝗻𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗲.
Remember that you’re not there to break up your family.
You’re there to advocate for 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶 𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗺 and it’s coming from caring for others especially the marginalized.
And caring for others is probably something your family taught you!
Leave a Reply