WAYS TO STAY CALM DURING THE HOLIDAYS
- Be grateful– writing down three things that you are thankful for every morning when you wake up and then writing down three things that went well for you during the day before you go to sleep, will give you a positive perspective in life.
- Only spend time with people you LIKE– whether they are blood relative or not, if they don’t make you feel good, there’s no point of spending time with them. Life is too short to invest time and energy in people who stresses us out or makes us feel bad about who we are.
- Avoid criticism– do not shame. Do not blame. Just show love and support.
- Stay present – be in the here and now. Put away your phone. Enjoy the moment and the company. You never know when you’ll see this people again.
- Breathe– breathing helps us control our brain. Instead of reacting, breathe and focus on where thoughts are being processed. Is it coming from feelings and memories or is it coming from wanting to solve the problem or control? Breathe…